From me, on Twitter, a few hours ago:
“My mind is all mushy. Too much free energy, perhaps. Too many little things bouncing around and off each other. I need a lens.“
Signs I have not been blogging enough: It’s June 4th, and there are no June blog posts yet! Tragedy, I know. This is why I’m not a “blogger” as they say. I just don’t care enough, especially about posting on any well-defined schedule. I want to post when I have something to say, not to have to come up with something to say because it’s time to post.
Unfortunately, right now, I don’t have much to say. My mind has been … swimming, lately. Ungrounded. Unfocused. A lot of incomplete thoughts and ideas and plans floating around, but none of them sticking. Nothing really coming together. Not enough focus. Ooh, maybe a list will help:
- Write a study guide, annotated edition, and/or companion to Dragons’ Truth
- Paint some new paintings
- Figure out how to use manipulation of relativity for 1/2-done, broken story
- Write 3 or 4 new time-related stories
- Get over fear of marketing
- Get ready for First Friday Art Walk
- Work on Sin Eater book
- Decide how you want to record Lost and Not Found & prepare for it
- Do some more videos
- Do something with your mess of a hair-do
- learn bookkeeping/accounting/something
- play more Rock Band
- twitter more
- plurk more (or …less?)
- edit existing time-related stories
- work on painting of “The Phoenix & The Lobster” as it is being called around here
- put together a mailing list
- figure out some new ways to market books
- buy some pegboard hooks
- wire up more paintings
- speaking of which, select the paintings I want to take with me to the Art Walk
- start a new poetry journal
- blog more
- add dragonstruth.com to teelmcclanahan.com
- add Chapter 1 of the D’T audiobook to dragonstruth.com
- link to dragonstruth.com from the listings for D’T on Modern Evil Press
- write study guides for the time-related stories
- figure out why ASU hasn’t re-admitted me yet
- do I really want to go back to school in the Fall?
- is it actually a good idea to go further into debt?
- I know it’ll help keep the bills paid, and I’ll end up with a Fine Arts degree, but… I worry
- last month I only had $175 in revenue, and over $600 in business expenses: WTF?
- the bulk of that was to be able to make the audiobooks, but so far: Zero Sales
- probably because of very little marketing
- probably because I don’t like marketing
I don’t know. I don’t know. I just don’t know.